Friday, August 23, 2013

With me . . . without me.



Roy - "With me . . . without me . . . with me . . . without me."




June - "With me . . . .



Yeah, Tom Cruise is nuts (see Scientology), but I still enjoy his movies.  I've been watching him since Risky Business (though Rebecca DeMornay was the draw there -- not Tom dancing in his tighty-whities).

Here's two of my favorite scenes from Knight and Day.

It sometimes gets annoying, trying, testing . . . but God says this to me every day . . . . . .

Okay . . . . . . with you.




This idea (or proposition) seems to be the point of family, friendship, faith in God, community, church . . . . It's not religion or spirituality or mysticism.  I need you . . . and I hope that you need me. 

I don't want to live in a world without God.

It would be difficult living in a world without YOU.  I NEED you.  

With you . . . 

I want to pretend sometimes that I am strong alone.  I am independent.  Self-sufficient.  But, I'm not.

"Don't allow your hearts to be troubled . . . you believe in God . . . believe in me, too.   There is plenty of room where my Father lives.  If that were not the truth I wouldn't even mention it.

I'm leaving here so that I can go and prepare a place just for you . . . there.  If I leave here to do that, then I will make sure that you get there, so that you can be WITH ME."     John 14:1-3

I believe that He is WITH ME, now.  I believe that He has prepared a way so that I can be WITH HIM, later.

I want YOU to be WITH ME later, too.  WITH HIM . . . WITH ME . . . WITH US.

It is my hope . . . .  that being together . . . doesn't stop when my heart does.


No comments: