Friday, October 17, 2014

There is no spoon.





I  don't know how metaphysical you are, but for me . . . I get tired of reality and all of its limitations. 

To realize the truth (make the truth real) you have to edge off into some deep water, get out of your comfort zone, and let your mind think outside the box.

Even farther than outside the box.

There is no box.

There is no spoon.

I believe that it has always and ever been true that we cannot bend the spoon.  That would be impossible!

The only thing in God's universe that He has given me the power to bend is me.

YOU are not my problem.  You are not my obstacle. You are not my hope. You are not my source. You are not the key to my success or failure. You are not the center of my life. I value what you think of me, but ultimately it does not matter. 

You and many others wish me well . . . or ill. But that does not matter in the scheme of all things.

I furrow my brow, clench my fists and my teeth. I focus and concentrate . . . spending day after day after day aiming the force of my entire being staring with laser attention at spoon, after spoon, after spoon.

Take another look at happy people.  At contented people.  At successful people. At the people that you admire for their peace, calm, and state of being. They are not spoon-bending . . . nor are they trying to bend you.

I have discovered people who know the truth.  

We cannot change, order, manipulate, or bend others. We can only bend ourselves.

There is no spoon.

No comments: