Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Lesson Two - Sanda Floor

Karate Lesson number two seems to resemble sanding the floor of Mr. Miyagi's porch deck.


 
  
OK. So I'll "sand'a floor." Maybe we'll get to the real lesson after I get this chore done.

Serving God (or others) can seem like pure drudgery at times. That is why we are so often driven to selfishness. But, being all about me always makes me shrivel up, dry up, and often give up.

If you are working for The Man, or your boss, or your mate, or a friend . . . you may run out of gas and patience quickly.

Paul the Apostle had a secret: "Whatever you have to do . . . do it with all of your heart -- as if you were doing it for God."

If you are not a believer, that will not work for you . .  . but it works for me.

Excuse me --- I have a floor to sand.

No comments: